Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Nesting Place - a book review

When Lee and I moved into our apartment, I was so excited to be able to make our place cozy and inviting, while adding touches of our personalities in it. I loved being creative in this way. I'm pretty sure my ideas for our home, based off my pinterest board, changed every day. The color schemes changed, and of course I would attempt to put our couch in "just the right spot".  My dear husband didn't have a ton of input when it came to decor which was nice to have the freedom to complete this the way I wanted. We didn't have too much decor of our own so I knew I would have to be creative with our "newly wed" budget! I made a list of DIY projects and things to purchase. Some pieces are easier to just buy then to try to replicate. However, a constant battle in my head was my perfectionist. I wanted the whole home, room by room to come together and top it off with a neat and tidy bow. Yeah, I went little crazy...


When I read this book, The Nesting Place it was like Myquillyn was in my head! As a renter wanting to have freedom, but being limited to what I could do, her ideas were refreshing and helped me see what I could do by thinking outside of the box. I love her willingness to see things as they are, and not how to make them perfect but to admire the imperfections. Her examples of being in a perfect home and feeling as though you don't want to ruin anything is very relatable. Her motto of "It Doesn't have to be Perfect to be Beautiful" is so challenging and yet relieving at the same time. It challenges me to see decorating without the pressure of perfection. Our home will be beautiful to us, and my husband and I will enjoy it. We aren't afraid to live in it, or make it a little "lived in" because well, we live here!

To see more from The Nester, visit her website

from my heart,
Danielle

No comments :

Post a Comment