Monday, July 7, 2014

How to style a {tiny} patio space

Hi friends! I'm so excited to share some news with you!

Drum roll please... Alright, this summer my Hubs and I are moving to a condo. [Insert loud shout of excitement here!] We are so thankful for this awesome opportunity. We are gaining some more storage space and a much larger living room. Overall a heck of a lot more square footage. Don't worry, game nights and movie nights are totally happening! So naturally, with a move, comes the packing. [Dun, dun duuun...] Our adorable little apartment is full of half packed boxes and piles of things to toss or sell. Our sweet new condo has a sliver of a backyard, it's basically a patio/courtyard and I couldn't be more excited!

Now I've already been dreaming up what we could do with this space. (I told you I'm pretty excited!) So now, I've come up with 5 must haves for our outside space.

1. Lighting. I'm thinking of streaming cafe lights around. I've even spotted a DIY for solar lamps. Don't worry, its on my "to do" list! 

2. Seating. With any small space you must get creative when thinking about seating. Also, be mindful of cramming a tiny space with furniture, that might make it even smaller. I'm dying to try out a wrap around bench and maybe a few chairs for extra seating and store them away when not in use.

3. Decor. I would love to go for a fun friendly vibe that can easily be turned into a soft romantic vibe, when the sun goes down. I'm imagining some great dinner dates out back with my Hubs. Candles, plush comfy pillows, and a lovely table top with some pops of color

4. Table. I would love a large wood table. Something for hosting outdoor dinners. We will have to see with the limited space. Another idea that crossed through my mind was having 2 small tables pushed together for when we have larger groups over. When we have a smaller crowd we could store away the second table! Remember, its all about being creative with your space.

5. Greenery. I've always wanted a lemon tree. I have no idea why, but I've always wanted one. I hope I can get one when we move! I would love to keep my little garden, but maybe transfer some plants into the ground. One of the patio walls is cement [its hideous] I plan to grow an ivy wall to cover it up. Or maybe I'll make an herb wall? What do you think?

Its gonna need some major TLC. right now it has a few planter boxes and paver stones. This space is BEGGING for a little love. I'm looking forward to this project!

So these are just some dreams for our outdoor space. I plan to do an update after the move when things progress out there and the move settles down. What is something in your backyard or patio you love? Maybe I need it too. ;)

from my heart,
Danielle


No comments :

Post a Comment